Join the fight to protect Idaho!
The Alliance is searching for an Executive Director. If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to Julie Hoefnagels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Snake River Alliance has been Idaho’s nuclear watchdog and clean energy advocate since 1979. As its chief executive officer, the Executive Director will provide professional oversight of the organization and its professional staff, ensuring that the organization is managed effectively to achieve its mission. He or she must be an excellent communicator, strong leader, motivator and team builder, and uphold the highest ethical standards at all times. In collaboration with the Board of Directors and staff, he or she will be able to articulate and convey a vision for the future of the organization and translate strategic goals into achievable objectives.
As the lead fundraiser for the organization, the Executive Director will develop, sustain, cultivate, and identify new sources of philanthropic support, including major donor gifts, foundation support, planned giving, and business donations. The Executive Director will oversee the fiscal operations of the organization.
The Executive Director must be able to provide leadership and identity for the organization. He or she will maintain and expand strong relationships with our members/donors, financial supporters, government officials and agency and foundation partners.
This position will be based in Boise, Idaho.
- Lead the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors in association with the Board of Directors.
- Identify, cultivate, and secure public and foundation funds for unrestricted and restricted uses.
- Strategically identify and execute additional development programs, including planned giving and capital campaigns.
- Oversee the management of the annual giving/membership program.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of staff, providing mentoring and leadership and creating a positive working environment.
- Develop and monitor an annual budget and provide overall management of the fiscal operations in cooperation with the Board Treasurer.
- Prepare, with the Board of Directors, strategic plans and annual operating plans, and ensure their implementation.
- Ensure board and staff compliance with all internal policies and procedures, legal requirements, and financial standards.
- Work with the Board President to coordinate the efforts of the Board of Directors, including planning, governance, and fiduciary oversight.
RELATIONSHIPS & COMMUNICATIONS
- Articulate and expand a vision for our mission and oversee the expansion of the organization’s outreach.
- Establish and maintain strong, positive working relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
- Represent the organization to a variety of audiences, including volunteers, members, government agencies and officials, community leaders, and other partners.
- Communicate the organization’s vision and exemplify its core values.
- Demonstrate political sensitivity when conducting the affairs of the organization.
- Ensure that the organization achieves programmatic objectives in a highly strategic and focused manner.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced education and at least five-years experience in related field.
- Experience achieving fundraising goals especially major donor cultivation and stewardship as well as developing, sustaining, and identifying new sources of financial support.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including facilitation of and experience working with a non-profit Board of Directors.
- Proven experience functioning effectively as a member of a team and comfortably partnering with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience in financial management.
- Commitment to the mission of the organization. Knowledge and experience with Idaho/the Mountain West and its physical, social, and cultural environments are preferred.
- Knowledge of nuclear policy issues a plus.
Compensation, including benefits, is commensurate with experience and other qualifications. This is a full-time, salaried position based in Boise.
Not interested in the job listed above?
The Alliance is always looking for great volunteers and interns. If you are interested in one of these opportunities please visit our volunteer and internship page.
The Snake River Alliance is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons to apply.