The Snake River Alliance members directly elect our Board of Directors This year’s nominations committee has recommended six nominees for six seats. These new board members will join the board with continuing members Tim Andreae, Phil Gordon, Julie Hoefnagels, Terry Kaufmann, Mike McClay, David Monsees, and Vicki Watson. You must be a current Alliance member to vote. You may renew your membership or join prior to voting by clicking (HERE) or calling 208.344.9161. Board members serve two-year terms. See below ballot box for nominee bios.
1. Vote for a nominee by clicking the box to the left of their name – a √ will appear in the box when it is selected. You can vote for as many nominees as you like.
2. If you would like to submit a “write-in(s)” you can do so by checking the box to the left of “Write-in” and then typing their name in the provided space.
3. Type in your first and last name in the appropriate boxes at the bottom of the ballot box.
4. Click on the “Vote” button. After you have clicked on vote you will see a spinning wheel while your vote is processing. When your vote has finished processing the ballot box will disappear indicating that your vote has been submitted.
5. You’re all done. After step four is complete you can leave the page. Thank you for voting.
Rinda Just | Boise
Rinda was an Idaho deputy attorney general for the Department of Parks and Recreation. She is a native Idahoan and graduated from Boise State University and the University of Washington Law School. She is retired and recently “Solarized” her home in Boise where she crafts amazing needlepoint. She is looking forward to serving on the board and finding more opportunities for collaboration.
Eilen Jewell | Boise
Eilen was born in Boise and attended Snake River Alliance dinners growing up. She is now a professional musician, a traveler, and mother. Eilen is looking to give back to the community she loves so dearly by joining the Alliance as a new board member. Eilen has more “facebook likes” than anyone we know.
Brent Marchbanks | Boise
Brent is a founding member of the Alliance and a past board member. He has retired from his career as a public interest lawyer and advocate. He is the former director of Disability Rights of Idaho. He has been a volunteer leader with deep concerns about nuclear power and nuclear weapons.
Leslee Reed | Buhl
Leslee is co-owner of Onsen Farm in Buhl, Idaho, with her husband James Reed. She is an artist, nature lover, a realtor and expert on sustainable food. But, her day job keeps her focused on the Onsen Farm CSA, sustainable foods newsletter and community workshops.
Chris Talkington| Twin Falls
Chris is a city council member and former may of Twin Falls. He served in the U.S. Strategic Air Command and is now retired from a carer in juvenile adjudication, banking and electronic media.
Chad Worth | Boise
Chad is a program director in the field of clean energy and currently works for Energy Solutions. He holds a bachelors’ degree in Industrial Engineering from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, California. Chad is working to change the world with his expertise in solar PV technology, data management, energy storage, energy standards, building codes and our Solarize the Vally program.
The Alliance is always grateful for the service and support of our volunteers. We are especially appreciative of this year’s graduating class of very active retiring board members: Thank you Stephen Crowley, Jasmine Furnish, Linda Leeuwrik and Liz Paul. Thank you for your leadership and commitment!